Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New Master Bed

Out with the old, and FINALLY IN with the NEW! We have always had a platform bed since we bought our Eastern King mattress almost 8 years ago! First, we purchased a platform bed set from IKEA, which eventually fell apart after so many moves. Then I bought this bed online which wasn't made of the most solid wood.


My style began to change and this bed no longer fit with the look I was going for. It's a little too modern with an Asian flare. I wanted more rustic, pottery barn, traditional. Also, I felt like we really needed to add a box spring to lift us up higher! I decided to sell the bed frame and start hunting for a replacement on craigslist after checking out blogs for some ideas. So for almost 2 months, we have had our single mattress on the floor...It was getting old and I really couldn't wait any longer to be at a normal height while sleeping.
Lucky for us, I went to the local thrift shops yesterday and found a really nice metal king sized frame! I googled metal frames on my Droid phone and found that Pottery Barn sold a similar frame for $1200!


I quickly purchased the bed I found at thrift for $65! All we needed now was a box spring (or two twin ones to fit our king). And some paint to change the golden brass color to a darkened one to match the PB style above. I found two twin box springs on Craigslist for $10 each!


Stay tuned for the "after" shots! I am soooo happy with my purchase! Grinning eary to ear! And to think I still made a profit selling our old bed after buying this thrifty find!

No comments:

Post a Comment