Friday, July 29, 2011

Metal Bed Set: After


Here is the newly painted Oil Rubbed Bronze beauty! I am quite happy with the results. This was a very quick project and very forgiving paint to work with. I got the Rustoleum Metallic spray paint in Oil Rubbed Bronze from Home Depot. I went through 3 1/2 cans. I used a Matte Clear protective spray on the foot board only since I figured it would get the most abuse from the children. Oh..they have been warned about playing and hanging on the new bed!




Here is the before, the after, the Pottery Barn inspiration, and the logo on the $10 box spring! Serta by Vera WANG! really? 10 each?! Unused! Holy Moly!


My Master Bedroom Inspiration Board:

1) Lots of pillows, maybe a little less ruffle than the ones from Memento Designs. But seriously, how gorgeous is her bed!?! And all the pages on the wall!?! Hmmm...maybe when we become homeowners and I know I'm never moving again! Ever..
2) Pretty quilt with blues like this Pottery Barn one
3) White or Linen Flowing Bed Skirt/Dust Ruffle like Bucket of Burplap's as well as some of her rustic, farmhouse style elements

4) White Flowing curtains like Buckets of Burlap's

oh and maybe this candle too

No comments:

Post a Comment