Friday, July 30, 2010

Displaying frames on a wall

Pardon my interuption in blogging lately! I've been so busy with life in general, but mostly with...Moving! Moving-in can feel like an eternity. Especially when you move during summer when your kids are out of school and you're an at home mom. I have found this process is taking a little longer than usual this time around. We are moving into more square footage, so maybe that's contributing to the lengthy stage of unpacking and decorating the new place.

I'm at the stage where I need to get some of our family pictures up on the wall in the foyer, master bedroom, and the two kids' bedrooms. My husband and I picked out 4 frames to group together from Aaron Brothers. Can't beat their PENNY SALE! ;) I anticipated hanging these 4 frames on the wall in the foyer area. Only, after figuring out which photos I want to display and which frame they should go in, I have found myself re-thinking the original design layout. We decided to go with two rustic, dark wood frames, a more cottage style, white-washed one, and a silver toned one. Looking at these all together with the pictures in them is driving me nuts! I need some inspiration!!

It's so hard for me to commit to a design idea, but I find that when I finally do, I'm very happy with the outcome.

Here are a couple ideas and inspiration I have found surfing the net.


Not only do I love the design of all these frames together, I especially love the bead board wall behind them. I think this design element adds the perfect touch.





Lettered Cottage Guest room traditional bedroom



This I like! I like the idea of the shelf holding all the frames, that way you can rearrange them without putting more holes in the walls! I really like the way that the mat boards bring unity to the display.



CrystalTech - [ Roger Hirsch Architect ] eclectic living room




I think I will do something like this and use a combination of picture frames and some other wall decor for the foyer area.



bed eclectic bedroom



Some wall decor ideas are: a metal letter of the first letter in our last name, an array of vintage keys such as these:




From Pottery Barn


a framed picture of coral or sea life like these from Pier 1



and an earthy decorative mirror from World Market




Whatever I decide to do, I will post pics when it's finished! (Hopefully by the weekend).


MichaelStars.com

1 comment:

  1. hello deana marie~
    *thank you* SO much for stopping by my little blog and commenting! SO good to {meet} you! ;0)
    you can contact jewell through flickr mail or she has an email listed under her flickr profile...
    her work is simply breath taking isn't it..sigh..*love* :0)

    prairie xo
    kristin

    ReplyDelete